College Information and Announcements
Penn State University - York Campus Upcoming Events
Please note that Penn State has moved into a test-optional evaluation process through the 2023 admissions cycle. We are making this change to give Penn State applicants a choice that will ease the anxiety that many future students and families are experiencing as a result of test-taking disruptions due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
Check out the Best Colleges in Pennsylvania:
They are a free educational resource helping students determine their best career path options.
York College Promise
The York College Promise provides several benefits to help you successfully earn your degree.
- Free tuition for four years
- Specialized academic advising
- Work-study job opportunities on campus
- Hands-on learning and volunteer opportunities through the Impact York program
- A supportive cohort of fellow York College Promise students living on campus
Criteria for Program Participation
- Students will be full-time, first-time students from York County.
- Students must have graduated from a York County high school in good standing, and those who will be graduating in June 2021, or have been homeschooled in York County, with at least a 3.3 high school GPA.
- Students must enroll at York College in the fall immediately following their high school graduation.
- Students must be residential students, on campus, during their four years of college, and enrollment must be continuous every regular term.
- Students must come from families whose Adjusted Gross Family Income, as indicated on the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA), is $75,000 or less and eligible for a Pell Grant award.
Feel free to copy and reuse this guide, in whole or in part, provided that you reference BestColleges.com as the source as we know it will bring more value to your readers.
What should you know about the College Application Essay?
Listen to this informational College Financial Aid and Career Navigation episode with Rachel Coleman about how students can write a powerful college admissions essay.
Here is what you can expect to learn from Ms Coleman's podcast:
• The college admissions essay’s elevated significance with many colleges going test-optional
• How a college essay helps a student “punch above” their GPA by showcasing other strengths
• The many different ways a college essay editor can help students of all abilities and in all aspects of the admission process
• The best time for a student to begin thinking about and developing their college essay
• How to choose the right topic for a college essay to make a student stand out
• The can’t-beat team that an essay editor and high-school counselor make to help prepare students for college
Listen to this informational College Financial Aid and Career Navigator episode with Rachel Coleman about :
"How Important is a College Essay Editor in the College Admissions Process?"